The Spencer & Elisa Roberts Family

The Spencer & Elisa Roberts Family

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Little kids are so funny!

The day we brought Evalynn home to Pima, my sister Tiffanie came over and brought my 5 year old nephew, Aiden, with her. He came into the house and immediately started looking his new cousin over. Here is the conversation that followed:

A: "Sessa, is this your baby?"
E: "She sure is."
A: Looks from Evalynn to me and back again, "She's kinda cute, huh?"
E: "Yes she is."
A: Again looking back and forth at us, "Do you get to keep her?"
E: "Yes, we do."
A: Looks at Evalynn then at me and says very seriously, "Sessa, you know she is brown, right?"

I giggled a little and assured him that I did know she was brown. He seemed happy as long as I knew. The next few visits he made he would ask me, "You know she's still brown, right?" I would reassure him that I knew and that she would be always be brown. I then reminded him that he was kinda brown (he is part hispanic) to which he replied, "Na-uh, I'm white!" :-)

No comments:

Families Can Be Together Forever!

Families Can Be Together Forever!
Our little family.